As offices continue getting transformed from cubicles to workstations centered on changing employee demands and activities, discussions about the variety and ROI of workplace technology are becoming common. What is the return on investment (ROI) of the conference room booking system? Every organisation is different, but the difference between knowing and not knowing how people navigate the office impacts whether a new software will be effective.
The issues surrounding the conference room booking solutions today include:
- Meetings that have been double-booked due to no-shows
- Meetings that last a long time and have a low percentage of responses
- People book more meetings than they attend. There is no mechanism to match amenities to event types to ensure that employees are assigned to the best meeting room.
- Wasted space due to under-utilized places
- There’s no way of knowing how the workplace is used or what works and what doesn’t for employees.
As a result, organisations have had to rethink the structure of their workspace. It is about time to create work environments that encourage creativity, production, and collaboration. It’s time to offer flexible hours and workspaces to make going to work and getting things done easier and more appealing.
Are you trying to manage your meeting rooms without a workplace management system?
Making the switch to establishing a flexible workplace and offering a range of locations, such as conference rooms, collaboration areas and workspaces should be manageable.
Booking meeting places has always been a problematic issue in many offices.
- Have you ever gone to rent a conference room only to find that they’re all booked, even though they’ve been empty all day?
- Or was one of the teams double-booked and arrived at the same time as the other?
- What happens when you require a room with video conferencing capability and a whiteboard?
- Or do you require a windowed office with a height-adjustable desk?
These are just a few of the problems that may be solved if you find the ideal meeting room booking system.
What is a Meeting Room Booking System, and how does it work?
It’s not merely a case of wandering about the office seeking signs indicating whether or not a room is available. Or, even waiting for a sign of life before claiming the place. A meeting room booking system is a flexible workplace practice that allows employees to find and claim a meeting room or resources on-demand and for a specific period to fit their working needs. If you’re in control of the office space, data on how much you truly need and how the space is being used gets collected and accessible in your workplace management platform.
Should you look for software, hardware, or both when looking for a meeting room booking system?
When looking for a conference room booking system, you’ll need to decide whether you want hardware, software, or both. Owning and deploying an appropriate conference room schedule display along with a well-conformed conference room reservation software is critical to ensure a holistic approach to your problems.
Conference Room Management Software Options
The software should be high-quality and intuitive that could be accessed and used via a desktop platform or mobile app. Selecting a vendor with the right meeting room and desk booking system is all about finding a platform with the right tools and facilities. In-depth statistics, high-level admin tools, different ways for employees to schedule and manage their spaces, and much more are just a few of the features available. Some software businesses may own and manufacture hardware to go with their products. Others collaborate with hardware companies to provide a smooth one-stop-shop experience in either case.
Conference Room Management Hardware Options
If you’re looking for hardware to go with your software, consider QR Codes or ID Screens for desks and/or meeting spaces. Perhaps you’d like to install digital, interactive signs or kiosks outside of conference rooms or in the lobby of your building.
- ID Screens are another non-interactive, cost-effective solution that, when connected to the platform, will display who has reserved the room and for how long.
- An interactive digital sign in a conference room could be the way to go. You can use these displays to book, check in, and view any upcoming reservations for that accommodation.
- Integrations: A simple google or outlook calendar invite can be used to send a pre-invitation email to the visitor on his email id including QR code, GPS Location, Meeting Room Number, and Web Check-in.
Four Key Features of an Intuitive Meeting Room Booking System for the End-User
Learning new software is the last thing on your mind while you’re caught up in the daily grind. When it comes to choosing the proper desk and meeting room booking system, it’s important to go for one that doesn’t require any training. The user interface should be simple and intuitive to operate.
By glancing at the office floor plan, you should be able to find the desk or conference room you require quickly.
You should be able to:
- View all available desk and conference rooms on a floor plan, in a list, or through a calendar view with the correct system and relatively little training.
- Using your mobile phones, you may reserve, manage, and check in to your space.
- Find rooms with the features your meeting requires, such as a whiteboard, video conferencing capability, and so on.
- Make a note of the busiest days.
Three Important Admin Features of a Meeting Room Booking System
- Utilization & Data
One of the most valuable features of room reservation software is the ability to answer questions like,
- How is your office space being used?
- What are the most popular conference rooms?
- What kind of space could you benefit from having more of?
These and other inquiries should be answered by a meeting room booking system. It should give you the information you need to make short- and long-term decisions about your office’s needs. Whether you need more office space, want to add more collaborative places, or want to determine whether employees would benefit from part- or full-time remote work, the information from your software will assist you in making those decisions.
- Configuration & Business Rules
You should choose a meeting room and desk booking system that eliminates the need to manually approve all room reservations, the frustration of double-booked meeting rooms, and the emails and face-to-face time you receive from employees who need a favour or have a complaint about conference room management.
Other features in the software should include:
- Assuring that the rooms that have been reserved are being used.
- Getting each platform to look like it belongs to your organisation.
- Providing access to certain meeting rooms to specific people or departments
Businesses invest significantly in procuring the right kind of meeting room scheduling software to ensure that they get immediate solutions to their issues. The software not just streamlines the process of operations but also achieves the bigger goal of improving the workplace for the longer run. Veris Meetings has made this process of booking and managing meeting rooms effortless for organisations worldwide by dynamically modifying their workspaces.