Use project management software for communicating with your team while traveling
Use a time tracking app to get the most out of each day
Hope the companies you’re visiting use the Veris visitor management system. Use the Veris check-in app to coordinate meeting timings, easily locate the offices and save time during check-in.
Avoid Liquid Calories
Come in many forms – alcohol, beverages, juices
A medium Frappuccino mug is 300-500 calories.
Often give the impression of being healthy – juices, energy drinks
A 16-oz can of energy drink contains 200+ calories
Add empty calories to your diet – loads of sugar and no fiber
A 8-oz glass of orange juice has 2.5 X sugar and only 30% fiber compared to fruit
- Replace these with water. Can try sugar-free flavoured water.
- Your hotel breakfast may serve fruit. Carry one away with you for later.
Eat Healthy When Traveling
Fast food is laden with calories
Pizza (1 slice): 200-300 calories
Burger (non-veg): 300-400 calories
French Fries (small): ~300 calories
Sandwiches: 400-1,200 calories depending on weight, dressing, type of filling
- Don’t skip breakfast. Keeps you satiated for longer and prevents you from snacking.
- When ordering food, choose a salad.
- Carry hard boiled eggs with you to eat as a snack. Good source of lean protein and other nutrients like vitamin B complex, vitamin D, zinc and calcium. Plus, they help burn calories!
Consciously Be Active
If you can’t find the time to exercise, remain active during the day
44% people gain weight during business trips
54% people who do regular workouts miss exercising during business trips
- Try stretches in your hotel room
- Stand as much as possible. Stand up to read a document or talk to a colleague
- Walk while on the phone or to get to your meeting.
- Use the stairs whenever possible and walk instead of using the autowalk at the airport
Get Enough Sleep
Sleep deprivation causes comfort food cravings
8 hours of sleep per night is required by healthy adults
- Avoid screen time just before going to bed
- Read a book, listen to soothing music or meditate just before sleeping
- Lower the temperature in your room
- Avoid big meals for dinner
Use Technology to Save Time
When you save time, you can sleep longer, eat better and have time to exercise
6.5 Hours per Week
Studies suggest that’s the time each person can save using technology like self-service check-ins, communication technology and updates on smartphones
- Use project management software for communicating with your team while traveling
- Use a time tracking app to get the most out of each day
- Hope the companies you’re visiting use the Veris visitor management system. Use the Veris check-in app to coordinate meeting timings, easily locate the offices and save time during check-in.